Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has launched a Master of Arts (Development Studies) course which would start from July this year.
The programme is meant for development professionals across the sectors and for fresh graduates interested in pursuing a career as a development professional, informed Prof PVK Sasidhar, the programme coordinator. MA in Development Studies is an open and distance learning course.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IGNOU:
- This 2-year program can be pursued by any graduate having a degree in any discipline
- Fresh graduates seeking career as development professionals
- Development functionaries like village, mandal, block, municipal and district development officials
- Civil servants of the state and central Governments
- Employees of the development institutes, research organizations, NGOs and corporate social responsibility divisions
FEE FOR THE COURSE:
1st year: Rs 5400; 2nd year: Rs 5400
DURATION OF THE COURSE:
The MA in Development Studies would be from minimum 2 years and maximum 5 years.