Government of India offers merit-cum-means based scholarships in the field of engineering & technology (BTech/ BE/ MTech), cement technology, fashion technology (National Institute of Fashion Technology), management, pharmacy, architecture and town planning (under graduate and post graduate level courses only), hotel management and catering technology (under graduate and post graduate level courses only), applied arts and crafts (under graduate and post graduate level courses only), MCA, design (degree from National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad), medical and para medical courses, veterinary sciences and animal husbandry, chartered accountancy/ cost and work accountancy/ company secretary and law. The scholarship is open for Indian students only.
- Students, who have got admission in a recognised college to pursue technical/ professional courses, on the basis of a competitive examination.
- Students, who have got admission in a recognised college to pursue technical/ professional courses, without facing any competitive examination, will also be eligible for scholarship. However, such students should have not less than 50% marks at higher secondary/ graduation level. Selection of these students will be done strictly of merit.
- A scholarship holder under this scheme will not avail any other scholarship/ stipend for pursuing the course.
- The annual family income of the beneficiary/ parent or guardian of the beneficiary should not exceed Rs 2.50 lakh per annum from all sources.
- A student residing in a particular state/ union territory will be entitled for scholarship under the quota of that state/ union territory only irrespective of his place of study.Number of award(s): Every year 20,000 scholarships will be distributed among the students of minority communities throughout the country.
Duration of award(s): The course fee will be paid by the state department directly to the institute concerned. Financial assistance will be given to pursue degree and/ or post graduate level technical and professional courses from a recognised institution. Maintenance allowance will be credited to the student’s account. Continuation of the scholarship in subsequent years will depend on successful completion of the course during the preceding year.
- Maintenance allowance- (For 10 months only)-rate for hostler-Rs.10,000/-per annum -Rate for day scholar (Rs.5,000/- per annum
- Course Fee* -(Rate for hostler) Rs.20,000/- per annum or actual whichever is less; rate for day scholar-Rs.20,000/- per annum or actual whichever is less.
- Maintenance allowance is payable from 1st April or from the month of admission, whichever is later, to the month in which the examinations are completed, (including maintenance allowance during holidays) maximum twice a year, provided that if the scholar secures admission after the 20th day of a month, the amount will be paid from the month following the month of admission.
- In case of renewal of scholarships awarded in the previous years, maintenance allowance will be paid from the month following the month upto which scholarship was paid in the previous year, if the course of study is continuous.
- The Government of the state/ union territory Administration, to which they belong, in accordance with the procedure laid down by them in this regard, will pay the scholarship money to the selected students.
- Scholarship will not be paid for the period of internship/houseman ship in the M.B.B.S. course or for a practical training in other course if the student is in receipt of some remuneration during the internship period or some allowance/stipend during the practical training in other course.How to apply: Applications in the prescribed format may be submitted to the secretary of the, department of the concerned state government/ union territory administration, dealing with minority welfare, through the institutions where the students are pursuing technical/professional courses.
Deadline: In case of fresh scholarships for the year 2013-14 students can apply online upto midnight of 30.9.2013 and in case of renewal of scholarships students can apply online up to midnight of 31.12.2013.